Reports to: Director of Auxiliary Programs
Works closely with: Extended Care, Summer Staff, Vendors
This position will begin as a part time hourly position during the school year (20-24 hours/week), and will become full time beginning mid April 2018.
- 10 weeks of Camp 5/29/18 - 8/3/18
- 8:00-5:00 PM (perhaps a bit earlier or later as needed)
- On call Thursday Evenings due to CMR overnight
- Weekends off
The position of Auxiliary Coordinator has been created to assist with the increase in programs and initiatives for Auxiliary Programs at Savannah Country Day School. The Auxiliary Programs department mission is to support SCDS by providing useful services to SCDS parents and the community for a fee. The Auxiliary Coordinator will assist with Lower School After Care, Lower School After School Programs, Summer Camp and facility rentals.
- Must be 21 or older.
- 2 interview process and a successful background check required.
An ideal candidate will
- Have experience coordinating events, programs, and activities.
- Have experience in a school and/or summer camp setting.
- Help foster an atmosphere of respect and collaboration with parents, students, and colleagues.
- Be extremely organized and administratively competent both on and off the computer.
- Have strong communication skills when working with parents, students, and colleagues.
- Be an adept problem solver.
- Be flexible, creative, and willing to learn.
- Be a good proof reader.
- Be competent using: Google Drive, Microsoft Office, iMovie and other Mac Software.
- Have a four-year degree in business, recreation, education or related field.
Essential Job Functions
Lower School Extended Care (Morning Wait/After Care)
- Assist with meeting the needs of each child and parent when it comes to his/her Extended Care experience.
- Support a staff of four Morning Wait teachers, five After Care Teachers and all participating students.
- Help manage After Care registration.
- Purchase and inventory snacks and games/entertainment as needed.
- Track student attendance in After Care for billing.
- Assist with ushering “Change of After School Plans” communications throughout the day.
- Problem solve as any issues or concerns arise.
- Assist with ongoing communication with parents and teachers about the Extended Care schedule, policies, general information, updates and online enrollments.
After School Programs
- Assist in enhancing the After School Program by evaluating current programs and helping identify new programs.
- Support outside vendors and SCDS staff who offer After School Programs.
- Ensure all paperwork is in order: background checks, W-9, Vendor Contracts, insurance.
- Problem solve as needed.
- Assist with ongoing communication with parents and teachers about the After School Programs schedule, policies, general information, updates and online enrollment.
- Assist with facility rental scheduling and paperwork.
- Help collaborate with Director of Operations, Manager of Jelks Auditorium and Division Heads for smooth and successful events.
Assist in all aspects of Camp Moon River at SCDS that will be launching Summer 2018. This camp is being created from scratch and has many moving parts. The Auxiliary Director and Coordinator will work together to develop CMR and produce the first CMR summer and beyond.
Responsibilities will likely be varied and include assisting with:
- Other camps across the world for ideas and spark.
- Vendors to find out bids, logistics, and quality.
- Branding and marketing
- Website creation and maintenance.
- Promotional materials and supplies.
- Administrative support in the hiring process of seasonal staff.
- Camp Families
- Support camp families by answering questions with a “my pleasure” attitude.
- Assist with the creation and management of CMR schedules.
- Support CMR vendors to ensure a positive and mutually beneficial relationship
- Programs and activities
- Assist in all of aspects of coordinating CMR activities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Coastal Ecology and SCDS Athletic Camps
- Hornet Care Day Camp: assist with registration and help oversee the day
- Assist in collaboration and communication with all departments within SCDS